KainRios Immigration can advise you on the process of becoming a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, whether you are eligible to adjust status to permanent residence inside the U.S. or whether you will consular process, i.e. apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate abroad.

Apply to Adjust Status to Lawful Permanent Residence Inside the United States

Generally, to apply to adjust status to permanent residence inside the United States, you must be in and maintaining valid, legal visa status.  KainRios Immigration can counsel you on how to maintain the lawful status that you have and plan for a successful transition from temporary status to lawful permanent residence.

If you have violated your immigration status or do not have immigration status, KainRios Immigration can also consult with you to determine if you qualify to apply for permanent residence in the U.S. based on a exception to the general rule, whether INA §245(i), §245(c)(2), §245(k) or other section of the immigration laws might apply to your case.

Processing an Immigrant Visa at a U.S. Consulate Abroad

If you live outside the United States or otherwise plan to travel to a U.S. consulate abroad to apply for an immigrant visa, KainRios Immigration can help you coordinate between the various offices of Unites States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of State, its National Visa Center (NVC) and the visa section of the US embassy or consulate that will handle your case at the various stages of the consular process.